Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Wed. Feb. 19 - Waiting

The last couple days have been a little encouraging...nothing else seems to have popped up on the negative side. Derek is still pain however, and we're waiting to see if it subsides. I'm a little frustrated that another fever seems to be brewing tonight; I was hoping we had moved passed that by now. He's still very weak and not able (or willing) to speak much, but those things will come in time. His body has been thru a major trauma and it takes a lot of energy for him to engage in conversations or activities like normal. Just to give you an example, having the tv on is something new...and if it is, most of the time the sound isn't even audible. He's not reading magazines or doing things to keep his mind busy like people who are typically on the mend in the hospital. His body still has some big-time healing to do. My guess is that it's because this illness has been all encompassing...it's a lot of pieces to put back together.

I did something CRAZY today. I got in a vehicle (chauffeured of course...thank you dad) and actually left this sick house. I made it back to lovely Valpo to run a few errands and to see my kids for a few minutes. It was hard for me to leave Derek's side, but I think it was healthy for me to get out and take a few small steps toward normalcy.

I was was listening to some music today on my drive and part of the song reminded me of a bible verse...so I planned to look it up when I got back to Derek's room. It's funny because I've noticed that God is always speaking directly to my situation or where I am at this moment and allowing me to share it with all of you. I was just wondering how often this was happening to me before I was in this tragic set of circumstances and actually 'looking for' and 'listening to' His voice...like God is/was always speaking but I was too consumed with myself or my life to even notice. Maybe that's true for all of us?

Anyway, here it is...talking about strength for the weary and faint...refer to paragraph 1 above...lol.

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:28-31

One more thing...I just read this verse to Derek and he said he's been looking for it. It's one of his favorites (verse31). God is so good.

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS