Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Happy birthday to a bad dude

I keep encouraging Derek by telling him he's a bad dude (because he is!), he can do this, his God is bigger than this...to grab hold of his faith and cling to His God. He's responding to me today, struggling still...so I keep pointing him to safest place I can think of, the shelter of the Most High.

I'm reading Isaiah 43 this morning...providentially fitting because today is Derek's birthday and we are walking thru that the same fire and desperation I'm reading about. "This is what The Lord says--he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: 'Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass thru the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass thru the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk thru the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze..." It also says, "because you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you, I will give men in exchange for you, and people in exchange for your life."
 

That's Derek - honored, loved and protected by his God...thru this very fire. I keep looking at Derek and thinking how much I adore this man...love him...seriously, he's such a great husband, father, person...he's a gift. But this God of ours loves him MORE than I do. More than any of us. He made Derek for himself, the Psalm says so. That gives me such comfort.

I'm praying today that God will make a way for Derek...like he does in verse 16 of this same psalm...He made a way for his people before by parting the sea when there was no way...so He's got us covered.

Be praying for Derek today and tomorrow especially. We're trying to pull him out of this heavy sedation so things can move forward, and it's hard for him to keep calm as he realizes what's going on around him. His blood pressure is also a concern...please pray BIG. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS